Monday, April 22, 2013

The Yellow Wallpaper


The Yellow Wallpaper
This novel was a bit sad to read. I felt as though she just wanted people to understand her pain and what she was going through. No one wanted to understand that she was ill or didn’t want to believe it because they were ashamed. The woman was going through serious depression and was seeking for help. She would be suicidal which wasn’t acceptable by the husband. The husband in my opinion did wrong by leaving her in a room that made her go crazy. The main thing that ticked her off was the wallpaper and the color of it. There was many things wrong with the room, but the main thing that caught her attention was the wallpaper. I could relate to her in a sense of not being heard. Since I’m one of the youngest in my family, I am not really taken serious at times. There would be times when I would make a suggestion on a family plan, but people would say okay, but not really stick to my ideas. The lady kept telling her husband that she was ill and all he would say is that she wasn’t. I never understood why her family didn’t accept her writing her thoughts. I feel as though that in a way would have put her mind at ease because that could have been her way of venting. I believe that in the end she killed her husband just because she was fed up with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment